A professional live-in caregiver provides personalized and safe home care to clients wanting to remain in their home yet need assistance around the clock to ensure all their care needs are met. Studies show that people would prefer to remain at home as they age. Ensuring your loved one can do this safely in their own familiar home environment can be challenging without added care.
Because of the one-on-one nature of live-in care, these caregivers can also provide social and companion care for elderly people who live alone. By eliminating the need for a potentially traumatizing move for those suffering from chronic illness, Alzheimer’s disease, and dementia, clients exhibit improved levels of cognition, better daily functioning, decreased levels of depression, and lower rates of incontinence compared to nursing home patients.
This benefits the client by:
- Allowing the client to retain as much independence as possible.
- Ensuring family and friends may visit whenever they like.
- Enabling the client to find comfort in familiar surroundings and happy memories.
- Ensuring they can retain cherished possessions, pets, or hobbies.
- Allowing the client to continue personal habits and favorite routines.
- Providing a healthier environment, with less risk of exposure to contagious illnesses that are often present in a clinical setting.
When clients require continual support, our caregivers are available to provide the personal and domestic home care and companionship they need on an around-the-clock basis. Our staff are thoroughly trained to provide the necessary assistance while maintaining a home environment that is as comfortable and “normal” as possible.
Live-in care is not suitable for every client as some individuals require a much higher level of care. If you are considering live-in care services in the Greater Montreal area, contact our office so we can assist you in finding the right level and amount of home care for your loved one.
The following criteria’s must be met for live-in clients:
- Caregiver must have their own room for sleeping overnight.
- Caregiver must have adequate periods of rest during the night to ensure he/she is well rested to look after their client during the day.
- Unlike hourly services, caregiver eats meals with client
Kudos to HomeCare Solutions, for enabling our 94 year old aunt to live pleasantly in her own home for the last three years. The caregivers selected for her have proven to be high caliber people capable of providing the best of care to a mentally and physically frail senior. Their energy, patience, and good cheer have been a great comfort to our aunt. They not only look after our aunt’s needs, they manage the household chores, order the food and hygiene supplies, cook the meals and keep their working area clean.
A management team in the HomeCare Solutions office make sure the schedule is always covered, arrange for replacement personnel to be trained on-site before starting, and offer ongoing guidance to the caregivers. They also monitor the care needs of the client and keep our family informed. They do this in an attentive and professional manner and are always available, including overnight and on weekends.
All much appreciated.