When client’s needs go beyond those of which our certified caregivers are able to do in their scope of practice, we have Registered nurses as well as Licensed Practical nurses to provide nursing care and enhance the quality of life of you or your loved one in every way. They can continue to assist with all client’s home care needs such as: hygiene, including bathing, mouth care, skin care, hair and perineal care as well as maintaining client’s home maintenance.
Our Care Manager or Senior Care Coordinator will help you determine which level of nursing care is needed for you or your loved one depending on the level of nursing care that is needed and our nurses’ scope of practice. Here are some examples of care that can be provided:
- Take and record vital signs.
- Do dressing changes, including drains. Irrigate and care for colostomies.
- Install catheters as well as irrigate
- Supervise and administer medications, including I.V. (this task is reserved to RNs) and I.M. routes. Assist client with their program of self-medication.
- Record treatment and medications administered.
- Observe and record patients’ reactions to treatments and medications given.
- Care for chest tubes, including drainage and dressing.
- Monitor fluid intake and output.
- Test urine. Record and report if necessary.
- Tracheotomy care: suction, clean and change dressings.
- Prevent and care for decubitus ulcers.
- Apply and administer heat and cold (e.g. compresses).
- Put the patient through both passive and active range of motion exercises.
- Recognize any deterioration in clients’ functioning ability and report to person in charge.
Your firm recently provided Post-op care to our aunt, following dental surgery. The services provided were outstanding. It was very easy to do business with you from a distance via email and the two caregivers were also outstanding. Both professional and very kind to my aunt.
I appreciated very much the schedule you sent me showing the shifts. The dentist was not able to remove all the teeth as it was too much for recovery. She will be returning to the dentist next month and we will definitely be in contact with you to make arrangements for more care.
Again, thank you very much for the professional way you and your staff handled this situation.