A survey by the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association shows that a majority of Canadians choose to die at home. In response to these demands, Homecare Solutions has expanded its program for palliative care, providing trained nurses and caregivers who are able to better meet the needs both of Canadian families who are facing the loss of a loved one, and of the institutions and agencies serving these families.
Palliative Care Services from Homecare Solutions Montreal
- Initial free nursing assessment, with no obligation
- On-going care management by an experienced Nurse
- Optional and flexible levels of care:
- Personal care and homemaking support caregivers
- Shift nursing
- Respite care services
- Quick response to meet unexpected needs
- Enhanced clinical skills – intravenous therapy, infusion pumps, monitoring hydration, nutritional management, skin and wound care
- Management of pain and symptoms in timely and effective ways
- Holistic care to meet the physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural and information needs of the client and family
- Supporting the client and the family with compassion, understanding and competence
- Advocacy on behalf of the client, to ensure the right care at the right time, in the right location, by the right professionals
- Managing dollars for the most cost-effective care
- Working closely with public services – CLSCs, hospitals, palliative care centres – as part of a multidisciplinary team to best meet the needs of palliative care clients and their families.
I wanted to extend my heartfelt thanks to the HomeCare Solutions staff. They were excellent in providing my mother with end of life care. They knew how to maintain their composure in hard situations. My mother called her caregiver an angel.
My mother passed away in the caregivers arms. All caregivers were compassionate with both my mother and our family we cannot thank you enough.